Making The Difference
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with The Pink Berets. Below you will find a link to a Volunteer Application and a Background Check Authorization. All applications and references must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, at least three weeks prior to training.
People volunteering time and talents are the lifeblood of The Pink Berets. A variety of volunteers work diligently in every capacity – including peer counseling, mentorship, discipleship programs, board membership, office administration, and much more. Though blessed with a dedicated group of volunteers, the need for volunteers in every capacity remains great. Our goal is to assist all Military Women seeking our services the same day we are open. We need your time and talents.
- Be in touch via phone, text or e mail with your mentee at least once a week
- Meet up with your mentee once a month
- Listen to your mentee. Allow your mentee to formulate ideas through active listening
- Give personal examples from your own life where you have learned through mistakes
- Go over course work and if you notice that she is not fulfilling her school obligations and/or is slipping in her College course work, suggest that she notify The Pink Berets and ask for a tutor
- Listen more than talk
- Judgement free; accept your mentee in spite of her past mistakes
- Help your mentee study or review her coursework
- Enjoy an outing with a mentee and her child(ren) such as a museum, zoo or park.
- Check in with your Pink Berets facilitator if you see any red flags concerning your mentee’s progress
For any questions regarding how you can volunteer, don’t hesitate to contact us!